It's 4:37am and I can't sleep. David woke me up on his way out to work (and he was late, shame on him!), but I haven't been able to get back to sleep since then. Apparently, the baby has decided that now is a good time to wake up and kick for a bit. Now this isn't a kick or 2, we're talking a full gymnastics performance. It's been too long since David for me to remember exactly what he was like, but it doesn't seem like he ever did this to me. He got worked up when we tried to "play" with him and poke at him and he also got excited when he heard music, but I don't remember spontaneous outbursts like this.
I know every child is different and they all have their own personalities - even within the same family. David has always been very laid back and content since day one. I appreciate that. :) He doesn't get upset or worked up easily. He can play for what seems like hours with one toy, on one spot on the floor and be perfectly happy. He is not the type to throw fits or need lots of attention. He has absolutely no need to run around like crazy and create trouble. He's a bit too easy going for that. If he happens to stumble across trouble then so be it, but he won't often search it out. This baby seems to be much more active already and frankly that worries me a bit. :D Not really, I'm sure what ever his/her personality is it will seem perfect and I will handle it like it's nothing. It will be interesting to see how similar (or different) they are though.
Being 20 weeks and 1 day pregnant now, I am officially over half way to meeting this little guy/girl. I can't wait. New babies in the house bring about all sorts of changes and stresses, but in the end it is SO worth it! Months later you sit back and wonder why you ever complained and you just can't remember what is so hard about it. Then you get pregnant again and with a new little one on the way you start thinking about it realistically and it all comes rushing back to you. "Crap!" You think. "What are we getting ourselves into? Are we in over our heads?". Perhaps. But I for one, like a challenge. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment