Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today...

I ventured out with the boys this morning and took on the Target shopping trip I kept putting off. I bought a baby gift for a shower later this month, picked up some things for our vacation next month and got both boys new sneakers. David is now in size 10 and got to pick out his own shoes today. He chose light-up Lightning McQueen shoes with velcro straps that look like lightning bolts. This is his very first pair of "fun" shoes. Up til now I've been boring and chosen plain blue or black for him. He's pretty excited about them. Max is in size 6 now. I picked out some skateboarder style black shoes with graffiti on the side for him (just like David's last pair). He is absolutely crazy about walking around in them! I'm guessing they must hurt a tad less than the tight size 5's he just outgrew.

Also in big Max news, he learned to drink from a straw today! I shared my iced tea at lunch. He got off to an awkward start, but he eventually figured it out.

The husband is not feeling so hot today. He's coming down with a little cold that's making him feel sort of cruddy. He has class from 6-10pm tonight so I'm hoping the nap he's taking right now is going to perk him up a bit. It's just no fun to be sick when you have important things to do!

So far (I accidentally just typed fart. hehe), the worst parts about being pregnant are giving up coffee ('cuz I love me some coffee!) and every day from 1-5pm. :) The mornings are great around here - despite the lack of coffee - but come 1pm I really get to feeling crappy. The nausea, headaches and overwhelming fatigue all hit at once and in the matter of an hour I go from happy and laughing to flat on the couch. Max still takes a good 2hr nap every afternoon, but we've been struggling with David's naps. It's been inconsistent at best. I'd love to lay around and snooze all afternoon, but David's a little "mischievous" for me to feel comfortable taking my eyes off of him. We've fallen into somewhat of a routine where I lay on the couch and close my eyes and he watches a movie. I get some down time and he gets some Handy Manny or Finding Nemo. Yes, I use the TV as a babysitter. It's called survival. By dinnertime, I'm starting to feel better and the evening tends to go better after that.

David has a new favorite show. It's a Disney kid's show called Chuggington. I hate it. Without knowing what I was getting myself into, I turned on an episode OnDemand. I can't stand baby-ish kid shows. This one is done mostly in pastels and has rounded baby looking trains. Even worse (but for different reasons) than Thomas - and in my book that's waaaaaaay down there. Why did I do this to myself?? I just can't stand the retarded little stories and the annoying Chugga, Chugga Chugga Chuggington songs. And those blasted train tooty whistle things!!! Don't even get me started! Ugh. Yuck. Patooey. I just despise trains.

Have I mentioned that the afternoons leave me feeling a smidge grouchy and irritable too? Don't be surprised if you call, message, email or text and I ignore you completely. Trust me, it's better that way.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, we love Chuggington. Mostly, since it is a train show that is not Thomas. We sing the theme song alot around our house, like "Clara Dell, Clara Clara Clara Dell." You should try it, you can fit alot of things in there! And sorry to hear you're not feeling good. You should use that time Max is sleeping for rest! Don't worry about David watches shows, it's good for you to have a break!

    ReplyDelete