I was picking up the house last night and straightening things up when I noticed our shoes. Little David had picked up the shoes for me and lined them up on the door mat. Every shoe was lined up in order from biggest to littlest. Daddy's shoes, of course, were all on the left, Mama's shoes in the middle and David's on the far right nearest the wall.
So many things about this are precious to me. I love when I see giant, big Daddy shoes next to little teeny kid shoes. Size comparisions like that are always fun, but I also love the way this photo captures the personality of our shoes. You can tell so much about us. Daddy's shoes are beat up and scuffed. You can tell they've seen a lot of use and they've done some dirty jobs. That's a hard working pair of shoes right there. Then there's my shoes. Pretty plain, but somewhat stylish. Nothing too fancy. They match everything. Functional and well maintained. They get the job done without drawing too much attention. Lastly, David's shoes. They are tiny and new. The graphic print on the side and overall skateboarder feel is fun, but the velcro is the tell-all. They are easy and uncomplicated. They aren't hiding how simple they are. The velcro is right on top for all to see. They don't need laces like other sneakers. Too many adventures are missed by wasting time with laces.
I only wish Max owned a pair of shoes...
Cuteness.
ReplyDelete