Monday, November 29, 2010

Maximize Your Morning challenge: week two

Inspired To Action Button


Today begins week 2 for my Maximize Your Morning challenge. Last week's goal was just to get out of bed. That's it. Just get my booty up. I did alright. I managed to hit my goal of 5:30am five times this week. I slept in until 6:15 one morning and 8am one morning. A holiday week is not the easiest time to start a challenge like this. In the last 4 days we have been to 3 different family gatherings. The boys didn't nap at their usual time on even one of those days. It's taken every ounce of energy that David and I have left to deal with overtired and cranky boys. I can't blame them. I'm a smidge cranky myself.

This week the goal is to create a set of worship songs and a bible study to get yourself on track in the morning. I already have this plan in motion. It was the only way I could keep my butt out of bed once I got up last week. I'm going to keep on with that plan and also add my own personal goal this week. I'm going to limit myself to 10 cups of coffee (or other caffeinated beverages) this week. I know, I know. Ten still sounds like a lot. And it is really. In the last 2 months or so since the weather has turned cold I have become quite obsessed with warm drinks. Oftentimes I find myself reaching for coffee. It's just so stinkin' tasty! I now reach for it at all hours of the day and most days will put away a good 3 cups without realizing it. That is just too much caffeine. It's not healthy for me and it's not good for my poor Max...who is coincidentally having trouble sleeping at night these last 2 months. Hmmm. So my goal is set at 10 cups this week. This gives me one cup every morning and then 3 extras to drink whenever or to use to fight off any withdrawal headaches I may get. Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment