Pop quiz: What awesome thing happened on this day in 1986?
ME!
It's my birthday! It was a fantastic day I have to say. My family really is just the best. Max slept all night last night which is something he hasn't done in about a month. It felt so great to wake up and realize I slept ALL night. I really wish he'd do that more often. David was in a great mood when he woke up. The first 5-10 minutes with him really sets the tone for our day and today it was good. I really couldn't have asked for more cooperative kids. Yay me! We started our day off in a very special way by eating cookies for breakfast. Yeah, my birthday is that special. We fore go all rules and eat cookies and milk first thing in the morning. Max was so dog-gone cute sitting on the kitchen floor when I gave him his cookie that David and I joined him. We sat in a circle with our knees touching and polished off what was left of the sugar cookies (ok, that makes it sound like a lot, but really I think we had 2 or 3 mini cookies a piece) that my mom made for us a couple of days ago. In between bites, David and I had spinning contests to see who could spin around on their bottom the best. My bathrobe didn't allow for very good spinning and I'm apparently a tad more bothered by the dizzying aspect of whirling in circles first thing in the morning because David beat me hands down.
We had only just finished our cookie breakfast when David surprised us by coming home an hour and a half early from work. Without my knowing it, he had gone in an hour early to work so he could come home and have breakfast with us. He stopped by Sweetwaters and got a box of donuts for us to share. He had also gotten a latte for me from Starbucks. Is that the best breakfast or what??
After breakfast I was given the chance to go and take a long hot shower while David watched the boys. Of course, I jumped at the chance have the bathroom to myself...and to take as long as I wanted to boot! It's just too much. A dream come true really. While I was in the shower David did all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the whole house. He knew it needed to be done and didn't want me to have to do it on my birthday (I'm sort of pampered like that). Have I mentioned lately that he's the best?? He really is. Along with not having to do the dishes, laundry or cleaning I also didn't have to cook. He ordered my favorite pizza in the whole world for lunch - Papa John's ham, bacon, pepperoni and extra cheese cooked well done and almost burnt with extra garlic butter dipping sauce. At the risk of sounding redundant I'm going to say once again how awesome my husband is.
Once we got the boys down for a nap, David and I laid down for a nap too....at least I thought he was sleeping too. Turns out while I caught an hour or two of sleep he was up doing homework (to free up his evening) and secretly putting our evening plans into action. He'd arranged for a babysitter behind my back and planned to take me out to dinner....at my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden...because he's awesome. After a tasty and very filling dinner, he surprised me with a trip to the mall to buy a new winter coat. He knew I'd been eyeing a red wool peacoat online and wanted me to have it. The only winter coat I have that still fits post-babies is my maternity one. It doesn't look all that bad I guess, but it is pretty baggy. I've really been wanting one that fits a little bit better than that one. We called after our stop at the mall to check on the boys. They were doing fine and not missing us a bit (but we didn't expect them to right? They were with Grandma) so we made one more stop before heading home. Last Tuesday on David's way to the hospital for an appointment, he noticed they were setting up Christmas decorations in Bronson Park. He knows how much I love the candy cane lanes at the park entrances so we stopped for a stroll. He is (I'm sure you can guess at this point) awesome.
We chatted for a bit with my mom when we got home. She left soon after that and David went to bed to get a measly 4 hours sleep before getting up to go to work. I got the boys settled down off their Grandma high and sent them to bed. I then spent 3 hours giving myself a pedicure, reading my 38 happy birthday notifications on facebook, eating cherry brownie ice cream (my fave and another bday gift from the hubster) and watching Grey's Anatomy online. What a perfect end to a perfect day.
My birthday rocked and I have the best husband in the history of husbands. End of story.
Wow - this birthday sounds like the best one yet!
ReplyDelete