Tuesday, October 12, 2010

VerHage Cider Mill

A couple of weekends ago we made our yearly trek out to Verhage's Cider Mill to get cider and donuts. Tasty, sure, but overpriced and not really worth it. They didn't even have U-Pick apples. :( I think we may find a new "usual place". David spent the entire time playing with sticks and smacking the dirt. I have a video of him viciously attacking the ground, but Blogger won't let me upload right now. Max spent the entire time being cute:


It ended up being sort of a big day for Max. He went on his first hayride (sitting in Papa's lap) and got a taste of his first caramel apple (thanks to Uncle Steve). He was impressed. He kept trying for more, but Uncle Steve polished it off before he got a chance to slobber it up any more.
David got to pick out his very own donut and have a tiny sample cup of cider. He was one happy boy. :)


A lot of parents say they look for a smile on their kids' faces to know they've enjoyed it and they had fun. I, personally, love this face at the end of the day...

...And this one.

Nothing says "I played hard today" like sleeping boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment