Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Claritin and boogers and tissues, oh my!

I was blessed with the onset of seasonal allergies when I was a teen. I was on allergy shots for 7 years trying to get rid of them. This year has been a particularly rough allergy year and I've suffered a little for it. Poor lil David has suffered a lot though. The cold that I thought he was getting last week was the onset of some nasty fall allergies. He complained of his eyes hurting and was rubbing them constantly. I noticed they were staying pretty red and watery so I called the doctor. A nurse suggested that I try some allergy medication to see if it would clear up his symptoms before I took him in to be seen. Sure enough, after about 3 days on the meds his runny nose and sneezing stopped and his eyes no longer bothered him. It's bittersweet. It's nice to know that he's not sick. It's nice to know that there is some sort of medication that I can give him that will help. I don't love that he's an allergy sufferer though. I know how horrible that can be.

This also clears up why he was always "sick" last spring. That neverending cold wasn't really a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment