Is there anything better than cinnamon donuts and hot lattes in the fall? I think not.
I just scored this A-MA-ZING recipe for pumpkin spice lattes. It makes me happy. Try it! You will love it.
I got the original recipe here, but I changed it a bit to my liking. Here's my version:
- 2 cups brewed strong coffee
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or combination of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
Add coffee/espresso and milk to your
slow cooker. Whisk in pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla. Cover and cook on
high for 2 hours. Whisk again before serving. Ladle
into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon. Add a
cinnamon stick if you’re feeling fancy.
P.S. That mug in the photo is my very most favorite mug (mostly for the shape - I think the design is rather ugly). Sadly, it met it's demise right after this photo was taken. Max chucked it across the kitchen and it shattered on the floor. :'(
P.S. That mug in the photo is my very most favorite mug (mostly for the shape - I think the design is rather ugly). Sadly, it met it's demise right after this photo was taken. Max chucked it across the kitchen and it shattered on the floor. :'(
Ooooo...I'll have to try this!
ReplyDelete