David still isn't doing fabulous. Good, but not great. Right now he is feeling the best that he has all day, but that isn't saying much. He's been alternating his Rx and Motrin and that's helped him sleep some. He's gotten 2 naps of an hour and a half each. I think at this point good restful sleep is doing more good than anything else. We're borrowing a tilt back chair for him to sleep in tonight. He's still achy all over and has muscle cramps from being propped up in one position on the couch...good thing this chair has built in massage and heat capabilities! I'm hoping the chair and change of position will get him some better rest.
He's awake right now to eat and take meds and is reporting that he's pain free for the first time since surgery! Looks like the drug cocktail is working! Yay! He says he can even eat without it hurting. That's big. He's been on a diet of cheese, crackers, lunch meat and flat things because it hurts too bad to open his mouth wide enough for a fork. He's getting pretty tired of Wheat Thins...and *gasp* he's even getting tired of eating nothing but cheese!!! Now you all know how crappy and un-Dave like he is really feeling.
I'll report back in the morning. I'm off to bed now. Zzzzz......
No comments:
Post a Comment