Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We had a fabulous weekend. We did a whole lot of nothing and enjoyed it very much. :)

The weekend kicked off early on Friday with the birth of our nephew. Welcome to this world, Douglas! This brings the grand total to 5 nieces and 3 nephews for David and I. I'm one very blessed auntie! We visited him at the hospital on Saturday afternoon. That was amazing. I just love babies.

The rest of Saturday was spent wasting time and doing nothing as I recall. Not much of anything got done. It really was sort of nice. That's what holidays are for, right? Our neighbors spent much of Saturday night armed with booze and fireworks so not much sleep happened around here. David got up at 2:30am to go to work and watched our next door neighbor pull up to the building in her car and then stumble into her house. He almost had to help her get the key in the door because she was so wasted she couldn't do it herself. He was really nervous to leave and go drive on the roads after that!! As he got in the car he noticed that some one (but couldn't possibly be him because he doesn't do silly things like this) left the car lights on and the battery was dead. :( He also noticed at the same time a group of 4 large, angry and drunk men loitering in the parking lot right across the driveway. They were picking on one woman and it looked like it may get ugly soon so he made the wise choice (:D) and didn't jump his car. Instead he took my van to work. It left me stranded without a vehicle or car seats to get to church, but it did spare him the nightmare of turning them on himself. Good choice, hubby!

When he finally did get home from work at 10:30 we hit the road to my mom's house. She was having a cookout in hopes of luring her kids and grandkids home to see her...and by golly did it work! She managed to get 3 of us here. Sadly, my other brother and his family were stuck in Illinois working. :( It was a fabulous time and lil David loved playing outside. My mom has a massive awesome backyard for him to roam in and he just loves it. It's so nice to be able to grant him a little freedom every now and then.

Yesterday was a lazy day. David was off work so he slept in (and I mean REALLY slept in). We had lunch, did the kids' naps and then ventured outside for a 2.25 mile walk in the blazing hot sun. We made a pit stop half way through at a friend's house for a potty break (there was just NO way I could hold it for another mile back home) and a glass of lemonade. After cooling down a bit we hit the pavement again and made the trek back home. We lazed around for the evening then put the kids to bed and watched a movie. If you're looking for a horrible movie that will probably make you laugh anyway then you need to rent Jennifer Aniston's "Management". Yeah. Not the best movie ever. We'll leave it at that.

Today I'm hoping to be productive. I have a to-do list that really needs my attention. Ugh...I should probably go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment