Wow. Sooo....February's over. That was fast. It was a complete whirlwind for me. I'm sure you've all heard the rumors by now and yes, they are true. Max has arrived. We now have 2 very precious sons.
Maximus Lott was born on Feb 12th after 18 hours of labor (we'll get to that another time) weighing in at 9lbs 10oz and measuring 22 inches long. He's a great eater. It seems to take a couple of weeks to get things smoothed out with nursing, but everything is great now. I've also been blessed with a great sleeper with him. He usually does about 4 hour stretches at night for me and like any newborn sleeps all day too. You'd think with all that downtime I'd be getting sleep too, right? Let's not forget about my toddler at home too.
David has been adjusting well to Max - as well as I think someone who is 20 months and sick can adjust. He got sick right about the beginning of Feb and is just now getting over it. It's made him somewhat cranky, whiny and clingy, but seriously if you had a sinus infection for 4 weeks and a new kid was stealing your mommy's attention wouldn't you be all of those things too? Yeah, I thought so.
David and I are manging the leap to 2 kiddos very well I'd say. We had a rough start, but things are looking up now. I was very sick for a while. About a week after we brought Max home I got mastitis. Before that cleared up I got a really nasty cold and that ran into a bout with pink eye before clearing up. I think I am finally on the mend now. Along the way, I shared my cold with David. It took him down for a few days too. Luckily, I have an awesome mom and she was here at our beck and call helping us out and getting us back on our feet. Thanks, Mom! Couldn't have done it with out you!
I have loads of pictures and many more stories to share. Be on the lookout!
No comments:
Post a Comment