Monday, July 11, 2011

Cloth pull

 The back story -- I got the crafting itch this afternoon. A while back, when Max was still a teeny guy, I made myself 2 Moby wraps. I decided that they were too much work to wrap and adjust and get just right so often I just resorted back to my Baby Bjorn carrier. It was simple and quick and I could easily get a sleepy baby out without a lot of hassle. The only downside is that it really hurts my back. It's not designed to be the most supportive or comfortable thing I guess. I want to love my homemade Moby, but I just can't. Then I saw the Baby K'Tan. Actually, I found a post at Crafty Mama that shows you how to make one for super cheap (and easy!) so I figured I'd take one of my unused Mobys and repurpose it into a Baby K'Tan. But before I got to the sewing stage, I got distracted online and found a fun little game to use up my crafting scraps (you can find that post here. ) That was a very long-winded way of getting to my point. Now on to it...

You take a piece or two of fabric (mine is 110" by 5") and stuff it into an empty wipe container. Poke one end up through the whole and let your babe have hours of fun pulling it out repeatedly. It kept David busy for better than 15 minutes. I kid you not. It never fails to amaze me how easily amused kids can be. :) And it's much better than their new tag-team trick of emptying every wipe container in the house of hundreds of wipes and leaving them on the dirty floor for me to find later. :)

Stuff it in the box

Poke the end through the hole

And TA-DA! You're ready to play!

Now pull the fabric out as fast as you can



And smile about how awesome you are. :)

1 comment: