Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Tea

I hosted a table at my church's Christmas Tea again this year. It was so fun. I planned and decorated it with a friend of mine. We chose the theme "The Apple of His Eye". It was based out of Psalm 17:8 where the Lord's people are called the apple of His eye. It was a fun theme to go with. We served apple pie (that was supposed to be delicious, but ultimately wasn't), apple cider, fresh apples with cream cheese dip and apple cinnamon tea. We decorated with miniature glass apples and carved out real apples to create candle holders for our tea lights. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I used this tea as a challenge for myself. I could have easily filled the table and them some with family and close friends, but I didn't (ok, that's a lie. I did invite my mom and sister). I left the rest of the seats at the table open though for the ladies of the church to randomly sign up for. I really wanted to break out of my comfort zone and sit with someone new. It's sad and tad pathetic to admit, but I don't tend to talk to new people unless forced. I'm such an introvert. It's a work in progress. The ladies that ended up sitting at my table were fabulous. I didn't know 3 of them. What is better than making new friends and chatting over a cup of tea? 



No comments:

Post a Comment