Just when I thought I had seen it all, David threw me a curve ball. Are you ready? This one's a doozy!
We were getting ready to go to a cookout tonight with friends. Little David and Max were playing on the floor as David and I were gathering our things. I checked in on them just in time to see David slap Max across the face. It was completely random and totally unprovoked. I stood there with my mouth just hanging open, shocked that he would do something so mean to his helpless little brother (who never even whimpered about it, btw). David stepped in and brought the discipline and covered for my absolute lack of action. When the spanking and tears were over, Daddy marched his tiny tush right over to Max so he could apologize. He mustered up the most defiant look he could manage and told us he didn't want to say sorry. *insert another shocked stare here* He's never pulled anything like this before. We told him saying sorry wasn't an option and he would apologize or he could take another spanking. He chose the latter. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! Believe it. This tiny tot has got some fight in him. Five additional spankings and 2 trips to the naughty spot (timeouts) later he finally squeaked out a meager "sorry Max".
We were 25 minutes late to our cookout. I'm really glad no one asked why.
i have no idea how old i was.... Mom offered me a spanking or take a nap! I chose the spanking and then still had nerve to ask if i could go out and play! I hope he is not as stubborn as me. It makes life hard.
ReplyDeleteby the way, you recently asked the Lord to give you patience at the end of one of your blogs.. you may want to rethink that.
Remember, back in Job, Job asked the Lord for patience and look where it got Job!!
Oh.....my....word.
ReplyDeleteoOOOOoooh, so *that's* why ;) geesh.
ReplyDelete