Our friends Jeremy and Heather watched the boys for us last night so we could go out. Needless to say, they are our best friends today. :) We really needed the getaway. We didn't do anything too fancy...just some dinner at Applebee's. Yummo! I really don't get out much anymore so this was quite the treat.
I was super excited. This was our first date since Max was born. Wow, was I looking forward to it! :) I got the boys ready to leave then left them with David so I could get ready. Much like David and my's first date ever together, I went through about 30 outfits trying to find just the right one. However, this time it had a lot more to do with my post-2-babies body not fitting into anything and a lot less to do with trying to impress the socks off of him. When I finally found something I could be comfortable in, it was on to the bathroom to do my hair. This proved to be a struggle as well. Yesterday morning when I took a shower I didn't have much time to blow dry or style my hair before it air dried so it got pulled up into a ponytail instead. It was still slightly damp so when I took it down I had a lovely little bump from where the ponytail holder was. You know what I'm talking about ladies...that little kink in your hair that you can't get to lay flat no matter what and makes you so frustrated trying that you give in and succumb to the ponytail once again. Yep, that's where I was at. Yuck.
After 10 minutes, David decided that my "I'll be right out" was taking longer than it should and came to find me. I took one final look in the mirror and decided it wasn't going to get any better and off we went. We dropped the kids off and scooted out the door before the crying got too bad. Finally, we were free!! Once at the restaurant, our excitement died a bit when we realized WE HAD NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT!! We ordered, got our drinks and ate our appetizer in near silence before I finally spoke up and said "Let's give up on trying to not talk about the kids". :) Conversation got lively from there. We spent an hour and a half eating and chatting before heading back to get the boys. It was incredible. I was able to eat my meal while it was still warm, I left my glass at the edge of the table and didn't worry about little hands finding it and I got dessert without having to share. Delightful. Of course when I tried to find my ID to purchase alcohol, I had to first take 2 diapers, a pacifier and a burb cloth out of my purse to find my wallet...and even then it was full of diaper coupons and old Babies R Us receipts. You really can't shut off your 'mom-ness'. It stays with you no matter what. :)
All in all it was a fabulous evening and we were very apprecitative of the time away. We should try not to let 3 months pass by before we do it again...
P.S. Applebee's Mud Slides are suuuper tasty. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment