For me, the worst chore in the entire house is cleaning the shower. I'd pick scrubbing toilets, dusting or dishes FAR ahead of the shower. We're talking serious dislike here people.
And now a little shower cleaning story for you all:
It's probably been...well, let's not embarrass me and say how long it's actually been. We'll just say a very long while. So, it's been a very long while since I've cleaned the shower. I went to take a shower earlier tonight and all was well until I looked in the tub. I stripped down to my birthday suit, reached in to turn on the water, took off my glasses and took my ponytail out. I pulled back the shower curtain and froze. I suddenly realized that I could not...COULD ABSOLUTELY NOT....take another shower in that tub until I cleaned it. So I threw my bathrobe on and trucked through the house to grab the Soft Scrub with bleach and a scrub brush.
Once back in the bathroom I realized I didn't want the bleach in the cleaner all over my hot pink bathrobe so I took it off and started scrubbin'. Halfway through my detailed cleaning job I got a mental picture of myself. It both horrified and amused me. Here I was in all my naked, pregnant glory bending and reaching awkwardly around my big belly determined to get into every nook and cranny of this shower stall. Why was this suddenly THAT important you ask? I have no clue. As soon as I finished, I took what was probably the most rewarding shower of my life and got dressed.
At this point I'd like to mention that I first entered the bathroom at 5:30. We were supposed to be to our friends' house for dinner at 6pm. Again, why was a clean shower the most important thing in the world to me????? Not a clue. I was not willing to share why we were a smidge late for dinner. If you're reading this, you know who you are, this is why. Please still be my friend. :)
I have so completely done that. And really? the shower is worse than the dishes? really? You need that cleaner thingy that sprays around and cleans it for you... and some scrubbing bubbles! :) I love you!
ReplyDeleteoh lauren...lauren...
ReplyDelete