...for no more migraines! What an answer to prayer! I had daily migraines for about 6 weeks straight and now I'm down to occasional regular type headaches. Praise God! I also have renewed energy and the morning sickness is gone!
I am now 17 weeks pregnant which marks the end of my 4th month. So many of the early pregnancy symptoms have ceased to exist (finally) and I am feeling a lot more human now. I still have my occasional mood swings (and when it does, you better duck!) and I'm finding it much harder to sleep at night. My belly is growing more now and I have been feeling the baby kick for 5 weeks. I have had strangers starting to ask about another baby on the way. With the growing baby comes squished internal organs and decreased lung capacity. How pleasant, right? I have definitely been feeling the lung part. I am so easily out of breath - over doing nothing!! I guess it's a nice excuse to take it easy though. :)
I was having some minor issues about 3 weeks ago. Don't worry though, the baby and I are both fine. My doctor wanted to do an ultrasound at the time just to be sure though. Our first ultrasound came at 7 weeks. All we could see then was a blob. The baby hadn't yet developed arms or legs and it's head was still bent over and not square on it's shoulders. It looked sort of...blobish. With this ultrasound at 14 weeks, we could see a face with eyes, nose, mouth, chin and forehead. We got to see arms, legs, fingers and toes, umbilical cord and it's heart beating. *sigh* It does a mommy's heart a lot of good to see all those things. :) We were slightly too early to tell what the gender was, but the ultrasound tech gave an educated (unofficial) guess. She thinks it's another boy! We were instructed not to buy anything in blue yet because we were still technically a week to early to give an official answer to our question. Until the 15th week, the baby's intestines are outside of the body forming in the umbilical cord. At 14 weeks on my ultrasound she could have been seeing umbilical cord and bulgy intestines or "boy" parts. I have another ultrasound scheduled for early October. We'll see then!
No comments:
Post a Comment