Saturday, May 9, 2009

Silly little dream

So I had this dream last night. I was running in a huge cross country style race (think Tour de France minus the bikes). It was somewhere in Europe (what? why Europe?).

There was a very large crowd of people running. I was doing very well against all of them I must say. I broke through to the front of the pack. I was competing closely with only a handful of people now. I broke away on the long stretches of back country road. Eat my dust, people!

I see a town! Weaving in and out of the quaint little roads was slowing me down a bit (cobblestone streets are hard to run on you know), but I was still doing good. It came down to the last few miles of the competition. I could see the finish line. My entire body was aching from all the miles of running. I had been pushing myself to the limit. I had entered a state of pure exhaustion several miles back, but I was determined to finish.

I heard someone coming up behind me. I had several yards on them, but they were still making me nervous. I was so close to victory that I could taste it. The finish line was getting closer by the second. I couldn't watch it anymore. I had to just put my head down, look at the ground and keep on going. Run, run, run. I looked to my shoes. I had all but worn through this pair. I would celebrate my victory with a trip the shoe store (even in my dreams, I am such a girl!). I looked at my legs. Oh! My poor aching muscles. I couldn't wait to relax with a bath and scented candles (I'm a very girlie girl). I looked at my hands and they were dirty! I could NOT finish the race with dirty hands! I dodged into the next building I passed (Oh good! They have a public restroom!) and started scrubing my hands. I was really into it. I was getting in between my fingers and under my fingernails and everything. All of a sudden I remembered the race. OH NO! I ran back to the door and peeked my head out just in time to see my closest competitor cross the finish line and steal my glory. Victory was theirs. Bummer.

I lost the race to wash my hands!?!??! What a stupid dream.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is intense. You really are OCD just like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the MOST RANDOM thing - all normal and making sense until the hand washing part... what do you think it means? at least you didn't see starving cows eat up some fat cows... You're WEIRD!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what this dream could mean...other than proving that I'm a very odd individual. Haha. We all knew that thoguh didn't we?

    ReplyDelete