Friday, May 8, 2009

He moves!

Little David, Ashley and I are leaving for vacation in 3 days. We are going to Denver to visit some family. We will be staying with them for a few days. My aunt has assured me that I don't need to worry about anything but getting there, but I have been frantic trying to get everything ready. Vacation with a baby is anything but relaxing!

I know it will go much smoother than I am anticipating however I still feel that it is my duty as a mother/wife to worry about every last detail. I must say, I am doing a very good job! Not only do I need to prepare for myself, but I have to get all the baby's stuff around AND I have to make sure everything is lined up for David while I'm gone. Whew! This is putting my worrying skill to the test! I have several husband friendly meals lined up (some of them pre-cooked, some not - I hope he can handle it), I've stocked up on his shampoo, soap, deoderant, toilet paper, paper plates and pizza coupons - you know, all the essentials. I can't have him running out while I'm gone. I don't know what he'd do........wait a minute, yes I do......nothing. Showers wouldn't happen, meals wouldn't be eaten and I'd come back to a mountain of dirty dishes.

I have had several moments during this planning process where I have thought I might lose my mind. Perhaps one of the worst moments came somewhere between making To Do list #3 and What to Buy list #5 (I'm not kidding. I have 6 lists going. All are colored coded and have at least 3 sub-categories per page. Hi my name is Lauren and I suffer from OCD. :D) I called my mom to vent and unwind. I was wondering the house and checking over my lists when I heard the oh-so-familiar sound of the most obnoxious toy in the house playing from the living room. I let it play for a few minutes, trying my best to ignore it, when I realized I had put that toy away several days ago so the baby couldn't get it. Hmm....why am I hearing it I wonder? I made my way back to the living room to check it out. Little David had made it all the way across the living room by walking along the furniture and had some how weaseled his way behind the exer saucer seat to reach halfway back on the end table to get to his toy. What the heck. How'd he do that?!?! He's got walking skills. I was stunned. I explained the situation to my mom. She laughed (thanks, Mom!).

I had more packing to do and didn't want anymore mischief so I decided to contain David in the baby seat he had climbed around. Sounds like a good idea, right? Yeah, it started out that way. After just a few minutes, I heard some banging around in the living room so I went back to check it out. David had pulled all the remotes out of the endtable drawer and was chewing on them (this is a big no-no in our house). Since this is the first time he had ever been "naughty" I didn't scold him, but instead ran for my camera (of course!). By the time I got back, the end table drawer was on the floor and remote controls were everywhere. He was very upset that the crash had scared him enough to drop the remote he was holding so he started to climb out of his chair to get to it.

In other news, we have decided that now might be a good time to put plug protectors in all our outlets. :)

Motherhood is a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them.









No comments:

Post a Comment