Monday, November 12, 2012

Titus' 1st birthday party



We had Titus' birthday party on Saturday. Wow, was it crazy! We decided to go to the Holiday Parade downtown that morning which pushed off all of our party prep. I was still decorating the cake when guests started arriving! The party was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, closer to his actual birthday, but he was super sick so we had to postpone. All the cute pumpkins and gourds that I bought as decoration had rotted in that time so we were winging it last minute with decorations. It was really nothing like I planned, but we still had a good time and our little buddy got lots of love so it was ok. :)


I cut Titus the first piece of cake and we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. All eyes were on the birthday boy. He dipped one chubby finger in the icing and smeared it on his tummy. This was going to be good.  

....And then Big Brother stole the show. How does a sweet, dear boy  his first birthday cake and all that smashy-smushy goodness get upstaged, you ask? Streaking. Nekkidity. Full frontal two year old nudity. Max didn't make it to the potty in time while playing. He ditched his wet clothes in the bathroom and came running to me in the buff...right in the middle of the party. Good thing it was all family. And good thing our family is so forgiving of these kind of antics. 

I tossed the camera to my mom and ushered the nake bottom boy out of the room. Titus was sad to see Mama go, so he started crying and didn't care anything about his cake. The cake smash show was over. Max put clothes back on and went back out to the party, but he was disappointed that his return didn't get as many laughs as last time. 

The rest of the time was relatively calm (minus the poop-on-the-floor incident - again, one of my kids). The big boys really liked having a special party just for Titus. ....But I'm kind of glad that parties like that only come around once a year. 

1 comment:

  1. So yeah, that poop incident in which I responded "yay it's not my kid this time". Well I'm going to try to never curse myself like that again. After your party we went to Becca's party in which I hear my name being called saying Doug has poop on the floor and is stepping in it. Ugh potty training years, lol!

    ReplyDelete