Max's cast removal went very well. He did cry when he heard the cast cutting saw turn on, but the nurse assured us that was normal...she even said he did better than an 11yr old she had in the other day! The cuts weren't pretty and they ran right through his choo-choo and signatures so I didn't keep his cast. On top of that, summer casts don't smell awesome after being worn by a sweaty kid for a few weeks so I'm not sure I'd want the thing laying around anyway. I did take lots of pictures yesterday and even got a video of him in his cast so he could see it all later on.
After removing his cast and letting him stretch for a minute (which he LOVED!), the nurse sent us down to the x-ray room. This time, Daddy came along with us to hold Max. Though he cried, I think this time wnet better than the first x-rays. Having Daddy there to hold him seemed to help. While the x-rays processed and were sent to the doctor we went back to our exam room to wait. Max was being such a trooper and holding up so well that he got a treat. Can I just say how much I love Dum-Dums?! Woot Woot!
The doctor came in soon and reviewed the x-rays with us. He's fully healed now, as expected, and is released to go back to normal. As long as nothing new comes up there's no need for any more check-ups. Yay! We're done!!
 |
His teeny little hand bones make me melt.
Seriously now, could they be any cuter?!?! |
 |
The bone on the right was broken. You
can still see the dark fracture line near the top.
The darkest (and crooked) sections of that
bone are old. The lighter section (on the left side
filling in the dip) attached to it
is all new growth since wearing his cast. |
No comments:
Post a Comment