Not to be outdone by Max learning to walk or growing molars, David has news of his own to share - he's potty training!
| An early morning tinkle with Dog and a cup of juice. |
We've been at it for 3 weeks now. It's going pretty well at home when we can go the naked bottom way, but when we have to put pull-ups on to leave all bets are off. He likes to show his aggressive and stubborn side and pee on the floor when he's in the naughty spot (timeout) or when I'm busy with Max, but it's all a control thing. He gets how this potty training thing works - he just likes to make things hard on me sometimes. Why would I be naive and expect it to go smoothly? This is David we're talking about. :P Ooooh, that was low. I shouldn't speak negative things like that over my kids. Nevermind. Things are going well. There have been a few bumps in the road, but he's learning.
Along with socially acceptable bathroom habits, David is learning a ton of new words and phrases lately too. One that cracks me up every time is "Oh crap, of course. I knew that." Of course "crap" is not something I want him saying, but it's cute. ...And yeah, he picked it up from me. I'm hanging my head in shame right now. Mama needs to watch her mouth!
A couple of nights ago David, Max and I went out to meet up with my sister while she was at work. Auntie Ashley is David's hero because she is a paramedic - with a truck that has flashing lights, a bag full of gadgets and gizmos, a radio on her belt that beeps and a pretty cool yellow bed that has wheels. She showed us her truck and all her gear, but we couldn't touch the bed - that's just for sick people that she helps. With a direct hook-up to a cool truck, I'm guessing David is now the envy of every 2 year old little boy out there. I don't blame them.
No comments:
Post a Comment