Monday, June 8, 2009

Crawlers mean challenges

My boy is officially crawling now. You heard it here first, people. True story. David and I have had a very busy few weeks getting the house 'babyproofed' and safe for our little guy.

This is the house before we started. We gave him a few days to play and point out everything we needed to change. There was a lot of work to be done!




























Our biggest challenge was the computer and the desk it was on. We had a desk that was just open shelves - no drawers or doors to close the electronics and wires inside. I had been kinda-sorta looking for a new desk for a couple of months, but i couldn't find what I wanted. And then when I did find what I wanted, it was waaay too much money. We needed something that had doors on the front and would close completely. I was venting my frustration to a very awesome friend of mine and she got on Craigslist the next morning and found the exact desk that I had described that I wanted. And she found it in my very favorite finish (cherry) AND it was only $25!!!! What a great friend! Such a blessing. We jumped in the car and took off to G.R. to pick it up. It fits all of our stuff perfectly and goes perfect in our house. We are very much in love with it. We were able to fix it up (it had a broken slide-out drawer that wouldn't slide out) and put a lock on it no problem. Thank you, Lord for Craigslist and awesome friends! :D
My awesome new computer armoire:






















2 comments:

  1. 1. I love that he is laughing in the midst of the chaos that is your living room.
    2. I'm loving the cherry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY!!! :D I love the before and after pics!!! It'd be hilarious now to get a picture of him in the middle of a perfectly clean and safe living room, frowning :D haha

    ReplyDelete